McHenry County’s Best Under 40 class of 2016 was celebrated Thursday night at a dinner at the Crystal Lake Country Club.
Every year, the Northwest Herald seeks nominations for local professionals younger than age 40 who have made significant contributions to McHenry County professionally and through their work in the community. A panel of past Best Under 40 honorees then reviews the nominations and picks the next class.
Members of the 2016 class are:
- Insurance agent David Albanese;
- Star 105.5 morning radio show host Joe Cicero;
- Golden Age Cinemas owner Scott M. Dehn;
- Walgreens site analyst Jillian Elder;
- Fraser Wealth Management owner Tim Fraser;
- United Way of Greater McHenry County finance manager Carrie Holtz;
- McHenry County Sheriff’s Deputy Aimee Knopp;
- Personal trainer and Your World Fitness CEO Chris Leathers;
- Miller Formless Co. CEO Scott Smith; and
- Sage Products senior manager of clinical research Katie Wozniak.
This past Sunday, the Northwest Herald published a special section recognizing the 2016 class. Each of the honorees answered a questionnaire discussing their jobs and hobbies, and offering professional advice.
Congratulations to this year’s honorees, and thank you for making McHenry County a better place to live.
• Dan McCaleb is executive editor of the Northwest Herald. Email him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @Dan_McCaleb.